Photo by broken imagination
And the winner is:
Random Integer Generator
Here are your random numbers:
Timestamp: 2008-11-02 23:58:05 UTC
** Congratulations Bonnie! **
If your family is anything like ours, you’re looking at your grocery bill every week or so and wondering how it can possibly be so high. I know that I tend to get more and more tense as I go through the store pricing items and searching for the best deals on healthy food. Ugh. If they monitored blood pressure in the check out line, I think they’d notice an alarming trend toward dangerously high readings just from the stress of those dollar signs multiplying with each electronic beep of the scanner. Double ugh.
When Shannan asked me about joining the Kroger.com Blog Tour to learn more about the savings available through their website, I was more than intrigued. When I learned that I would be able to pass along a $25 Kroger gift card to one lucky reader, I was even more intrigued. Who can’t use $25 in free groceries these days?? When I received the information and checked out the Kroger website, I was even more impressed. I had no idea that Kroger offered so many ways to save and so many different services.
Here are some ways that you can save money by using Kroger.com:
There are three ways to easily access coupons for your next shopping trip:
- Shortcuts – A service of AOL, in partnership with Kroger, this site allows you to download coupons directly to your Kroger Plus Card. During checkout, coupons are automatically redeemed when your Card is scanned.
- P&G eSaver – You can also download P&G coupons directly to your Kroger Plus Card. During checkout, these coupons are automatically redeemed when you scan your Card.
- Printable Coupons – If you don’t get a paper (we don’t in the interest of “greening”), you can easily print coupons directly from the Kroger.com site.
And, three additional ways you can save money through the website:
- Fuel Rewards – You can accumulate and redeem fuel discounts earned by shopping at Kroger-owned stores at participating gas stations the retailer operates across the country. Most of the fuel discount programs offered by Kroger and its family of stores reward customers with a minimum of 10 cents off per gallon of gas for every $100 they spend in a store.
- Kroger Pharmacy – Kroger Pharmacies offer a 30-day supply of more than 300 prescriptions for only $4, or 90-day supplies for only $10. At Kroger.com you can download a complete list of eligible medications and check to see if your local pharmacy participates.
- 1-2-3 Rewards MasterCard – You can sign up for a 1-2-3 Rewards MasterCard and earn free groceries when you shop. Each time you use your card you’ll earn points – 1 point for every dollar spent outside the store, 2 points for every dollar spent inside the store and 3 points for every dollar spent on any of the Kroger family brands. For every 1,000 points you earn you’ll receive $5 in FREE groceries.
In addition, Kroger.com offers a Healthy Living Guide, recipes, a wine guide, party preparation tips, an online Gift Center, green living tips, recall information, digital photo processing for 9¢ a print, and online refill orders for prescriptions. I was also impressed by their efforts to conserve energy and resources as well as encouraging fair trade, recycling, and reducing waste. Wow!
Giveaway! One lucky reader will win a $25 gift card for Kroger! To enter the contest, simply leave a message in the comment field (below) describing thing you do (or have tried) to save money on groceries. Contest ends at 6 p.m. EST on Sunday, November 2. Comments that don’t follow the posted instructions will be deleted. One winner will be chosen via random number generator. The winner must provide a valid email address and respond to prize notification within 3 days. After 3 days, your prize will be forfeited and another winner will be notified. Contest is open to all readers with a valid mailing address.
This giveaway is part of Bloggy Giveaways Quarterly Carnival. To find hundreds more giveaways this week, head over to their site using the link here or the button in my sidebar. Good luck!