We have so many specialists, prescriptions and medical things to keep track of that I struggled with how to keep it all organized. I finally decided to start a Medical Binder for Jenna. It includes sections with:
- doctor’s notes from her most recent visits (I always request these)
- prescriptions (meds, supplements, formula and g-tube)
- medication and formula dosages
- feeding pump rates
- therapist assessment notes
- vaccination information
- doctor list and contact information
- emergency contact info
- first aid instructions (CPR, choking, etc.)
- Jenna’s current daily schedule and care tips
- signed “Permission for Medical Treatment” letter
I put all the information in plastic page protectors and organize it in appropriate sections in the binder. We put the binder out for childcare providers, opened to the section with Jenna’s daily schedule and tips with the page for emergency contact information laying out. It’s also easy to grab to pack whenever we’re traveling or headed to a doctor’s appointment.
P.S. If you’re interested in other fantastic ideas from moms about how they’ve met challenges and the strategies that work for them, simply click on the “Try This Tuesday” box/button above that will redirect you to the 5 Minutes for Special Needs site.